Monday, December 06, 2004

Why?

"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection."
By Sigmund Freud (1856-1939
Dear Danny,

WHY did I get the phone call? WHY did I have to identify your body? Plan your funeral?


WHY did I have to tell Danny and Tommy that you would not be coming home? Those two precious little boys. The first thing they said was, WHY? Tommy’s big brown eyes staring back at me. Not understanding.


Words can not explain how it was for the boys growing up without you. They needed you.

You weren’t there for graduations.

You weren’t there for basic baptisms, honors, awards, achievements..

Danny got married. You missed it. He has a daughter. You missed it. Her name is Jordan Danielle. She is beautiful and I know you would love her.

I want to talk to you, hear your voice, and tell you that your sons are fine, responsible adults now. I want to tell you about our grand daughter. I can't call you and tell you I love you, and that hurts so very, very much.

WHY did they have to grow up without you? WHY?

Love,

Lou Ann
"The greatest gift I ever had Came from God, and I call him Dad!"
Author Unknown.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LouAnn, My deepest & most sincere feelings are for you. All of these years have gone by & I feel your sorrow as if it was yesterday. My name is Gena Tallent(FHS c/o 72) & I had a couple of classes with Danny. He was a very nice & sweet guy. I remember the most of Danny in an Art class we had. That was probably the one & only week that has made my memories of Danny so fond. He seemed to be unusually happy & outgoing that week. LouAnn, I just know as much as Danny loved you, he would want you to be happy in your life & I hope you have been able to do so. I just saw your son's blog, Tommy. He's in the music industry, right? An engineer, producer??? something like that? As I explained to him, my husband is also in this business.

My next question is this, have the fingerprints been found? I saw where "something" was misfiled or misplaced, not sure if it's this valuable piece of evidence. With the much new & improved technology can't they run these prints again? Or is that the problem. Can't find them. I hope that an end to this will so be in the near future for you.

GOD BLESS you & your family. Let's pray that this person, this thing, can't call him a man, he's(Gator?) undeserving to be called human will be caught soon. Have you ever thought he may not be alive? If this was his lifestyle, murderer, it may have caught up with him. Just know his day, his time is due & the Good Lord does not let these people forget.

Take care,
Gena Tallent-McBroom

July 7, 2006 at 7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happened on this by chance as I was looking through stuff on my family name (Stowe) anyway I feel for you and your kids. I am a cop and don't know how the justice system works in the US as I am from the UK however it galls me everytime I witness the needless destruction of not just the life of one person but the life of the others affected by it . my thoughts and prayers go with you. Let justice be done in what ever way it manifests itself in relation to Gator.

July 27, 2006 at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home